Make your profile stand out
To increase your chances of matching with someone, don’t be afraid to be your true self.
Here’s an idea of the kind of photos that work well:
- Use your own pictures and let people see your face - there's nothing more alluring than a stranger's smile.
- If you’re shy, go for a shot from behind. In our experience, accounts lacking genuine photos attract significantly less matches and get reported up to 3 times more often - which can lead to getting blocked.
- Pictures that illustrate your personal interests and hobbies can help you Connect with more people.
Here’s how you might convey your unique personality in your profile:
- In your About section, tell us what makes you special. An in-house study showed that members with completed About sections are much likelier to make matches.
- Be open and precise about your interests and desires - remember, you’ll only attract what you’re looking for if you know what that is.
- Don't be afraid to play around with your Search settings!
What’s best practice?
- Be proactive and begin a conversation as soon as you match with someone new.